|Comic #8 – Single Dad Laughing – Click to Enlarge.|
I really can’t believe the reception I’ve had to my new blog. Every day I am getting a ton of new traffic, new followers, and more and more interaction with you all. It’s growing faster than I could have hoped, and you only have yourselves to blame!
Building Single Dad Laughing has been the most fun I’ve had in years, and as it’s developed, I have become absolutely positive of one thing. 95% of my followers are seriously high class. The other 5%, trim your mullets, take a bath, learn the ABCs, and then let’s readdress it.
“Hi Dan 🙂 I stumbled across your page while surfing on KSL for free stuff… We just moved here from the beach cities in California. I must admit, I am HOOKED on your blog. I’ve shared it with friends at work…laughed and even felt like crying after the fishing pole story…all in an hour. You’re an amazing blogger and even more so, an incredible father. The world definitely needs more men like you in the world. Please add me as a friend. I appreciate you sharing your life with everyone. 🙂 It’s heartwarming. <3″
“Dan, why did you not start a blog years ago? I guarantee you’re going to have thousands of followers in no time. I’ve already sent your blog to pretty much everybody I know. Please don’t stop posting cause I am so excited every day to wake up and check out what you’ve decided to send us for the day.”
“dan, woud you be up for meeting some one i know? i have a best friend who likes you a lot and thinks your a good guy and exelent bloger and sais we can take a road trip to see you if you are crasy and spontanous and want to have some fun. we are in az so not far.”
“Hi there, my name is —. I have been reading your blog for the past twelve hours at least and have read through every post some of them a few times. I think you deserve much better then what your getting from your ex wife. I have cried and laughed very hard when reading your blog. I want to thank you for helping me understand that there are good man out there and that not all men are complete m****** f******. I hope you will not stop loving your son Noah and I hope that some day you will not be ok. I will definitely read your blog every day and I hope you can teach all men how to be a nice man even though those guys probably are not reading stuff like this…”
Thank you for taking some serious, serious, serious time to read my blog. But twelve hours? I take that as a sincere compliment or a sign that you also are stalking me. I assure you that I will not stop loving Noah, and I appreciate your
ridiculous concerns. I am glad that you think I’m “good man”. I’m also glad you don’t think I’m a complete m****** f***** like all men are. Thank goodness all those m****** f***** are not reading stuff like this, cause I’d hate to be associated with any m***** f*****. All in all, I’m really thankful for your sweet email, and I definitely put you in with the classy group, assuming that you didn’t mean to say that you hope I will not be ok. It’s okay, not everybody understands how double negatives work. Oh, and I’ve forwarded your message to my ex so that she knows I deserve better. Thank you for clarifying that for her in a way that I’ve never been able.
Here’s the last one I’ll share…
“your blog is a pathetic joke and i hope that it never has any a reader to see it. quit being a baby and crying and f****** being pathetac. I am jsut being honest with you bro you might want to pick osmething esle cause you’re writing is a f****** joke.”
Oh, one more thing, anonymous. Thanks for making me cry. I’m gonna go with my gut on this one and label you as not classy.
PS, If you want to be one of the next readers featured in “A Day in Danoah’s Inbox”, send me a message that says, well, whatever you want. I LOVE hearing from you, classy or not. And whether you send something or not, please share this post on Facebook or Twitter or wherever.
PPS, you really need to check out the new tab at the top called “Participate with Danoah!” We just launched some fun projects that we really need your help with.