I’ve searched high and low over the internet for a good copy cat recipe for my favorite bread in the wide world (yeah, Noah and I bake… so what?!). Mimi’s Carrot Raisin Bread. You know, the stuff they serve you as an appetizer at dinner time over at Mimi’s Cafe. It’s sinful.
|Isn’t it purty? Well, purty nummy if nothin’ else.|
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, pineapple juice, brown sugar, eggs, and molasses until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir the dry mixture and the liquid mixture together and mix together well.
- Add the nuts, carrots, golden raisins, and crushed pineapple to bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Grease and flour two 9″ bread pans. Split the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes (or until a knife comes out of the center clean).
- Stuff your face and declare that you’re the coolest person alive.
PS. Anybody else love this bread as much as I do? Anybody else love Mimi’s as much as I do?
PPS. My Book The Real Dad Rules will be available to order next week! Get a copy for all the dads on your list this Father’s Day Season. And moms… guaranteed you’ll love it too!