>> I wrote this entry and published it on my Babble Voices blog, and I’m only permitted to post a snippet of it here. Read the snippet below or read the whole thing and comment on my Babble Voices blog >>
It’s Noah’s birthday. He turns five today, and as I contemplate just how funny and awesome a human being he is, I can’t help but think I should do something to honor this kid who completes me.
So to do that, I hereby declare today to be International Act Like a 5-Year Old Day! Participation is mandatory. If you don’t participate, you’ll be given extra chores and you won’t get to watch Sponge Bob for at least a week!
To properly celebrate IALA5OYOD (it just rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?) you should make sure to do the following throughout the day.
- You should sneak treats from the cupboard when nobody is looking.
- You should giggle like crazy when somebody unintentionally makes a funny face.
- You should find another random person and make a friend. Instantly.
- You should put your socks on upside down.
- You should walk out of the garage and look at the sky before you get into your car.
- You should be thrilled when somebody offers you a free sticker. And you should wear it proudly.
- You should drop some of the food you don’t want to eat under the table.
- You should walk up and scratch your dad’s back just because you know he likes it.
- You should remember something exciting when you wake up and literally jump out of bed in anticipation.
- Speaking of beds, you should go into your bedroom and jump on yours.
- You should tell your parents that you want them to do something fun with you.
>> Read the rest and comment on my Babble Voices blog. >>