Sometimes, the most random thoughts pop into my brain when other people say the most innocent of things. So, I decided to see if I was the only one and on SDL’s Facebook wall, I posted this (and only this):
Fill in the blank: I was standing against a parked van last night and _________________.
These are my 10 favorite responses that came in. And I gotta say, I’m glad I’m not the only one whose brain goes to weird places sometimes.
- I got offered some candy if I helped this woman find her lost puppy.
- Out came Shaggy and Scooby.
- It started to rock back and forth.
- I got saved by a sparkly dude when another van almost hit me. Then he asked me out. I said, “thanks but I only date the living.” Then I walked away.
- I noticed it was down by the river.
- I realized I shouldn’t lean on a car if it’s not mine… It’s rude.
- Dan Pearce got out in a gorilla suit ann we played mad libs and ate a bunch a bananas.
- after falling over, I realized the stupid thing was only a cardboard cut out. This was just the beginning of one of the strangest nights of my life.
- Well, I can’t tell you the rest of the story in mixed company but the doctor said this rash is NOT contagious.
- Matthew McConauhey rolled out from underneath it, without a shirt, and asked if he could help me with anything else…
BONUS response: Oh, who am I kidding. I’ve got kids and haven’t been out at night in 8 years!
Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
PS. I may, just because I love seeing what weirdness lies within the brains of others, post other random questions on SDL’s Facebook wall. What would be some good questions to post that might welcome entertaining responses?