On the SDL Facebook Page, I posted the following question: “knowing that I might use it in a blog post, what is the deepest or coolest thought about life that you’ve ever thought?”
I was hoping for lots of original thoughts (of which I got a lot), but you also responded with some that I’ve heard before yet are poignant or cool enough to share as well. Anyway, here is the first half of my favorites from your list!
- Life isn’t about surviving; it’s about living.
- It’s always a sunny day above the clouds!
- A good cry under a hot shower does the least amount of damage to your face.
- When I was about six or seven years old, I was watching ants on the pavement and wondered if some giant was watching down on us as if we were the ants.
- Life is like a University. There are different lessons we must learn, and we cannot advance until we do.
- Looking at my kids I’ve thought “Wow. My parents loved ME this much?!”
- You’ve got to have a little rain before a rainbow.
- When I was a teenager my mom told me that there were 2 things in life that would eventually become apparent to me: 1.Not everyone likes you and 2.You’ve stopped caring.
- You cannot help how you feel about things, but you can ALWAYS help how you react to them.
- The price you pay for loving someone is the chance of losing them. But it’s always worth it.
- That there really is no limit to what I would do for a Klondike Bar…
- There is no point worrying about what’s next. Enjoy the moments you’re granted…that’s my take after a series of craptastic events.
- If one was to travel 500 years into the past and affect the now, what will our actions now affect 500 years from now?
- I am responsible for my own happiness.
- I don’t want to live dying, I want to die living.
- I’ve always seen life as a musical, and sometimes I feel like the only one singing on key.
- I am awesome.
- Where does the universe end? Does it just come to a stop like hitting a wall?
- I think the universe moves us like chess pieces and puts us where we are needed and meant to be.
- Nothing is permanent. Not happiness or sadness. Pain or relief. Good times nor bad. Nothing.
- Love yourself. If you’re supposed to love your neighbor as yourself, and you don’t love yourself, how can you love your neighbor?
- 1000 years from now, will any of the crap that we worry about on a daily basis really matter?
- Nothing can seperate us from the love of God.
- The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight.
- Maybe the hokey pokey is what it’s all about.
- I hope to one day be the person my children see me to be.
- If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If it’s not, you’ll make excuses.
- If you change nothing, nothing changes.
- One can not be cool by trying to be cool.
- Life can be one amazing journey, if we are brave enough, and fearless enough, to REALLY live it!
- When you hold a grudge against someone, it doesn’t bother them. Most of the time, they’re not even aware of it. It only affects your mood and attitude negatively so why waste the time and energy?
- Sometimes the only way to get through it is to just… get through it.
- After I buried my first born son I came to the realization that control is only an illusion. We can effect outcomes based on our behavior and actions, but control is not ours to have.
Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
PS. Which were your favorites? And, let’s have it, captain. Knowing that I might use it in a blog post, what is the deepest or coolest thought about life that you’ve ever thought?