33. Ostriches do not bury their heads in the sand. In fact, never in history has it been officially documented that one has.
34. If you wear your headphones for one hour, the bacteria in your ear will increase 700 times.
35. If you stop smoking, you need one less hour of sleep every night to function at the same level.
36. The acid in your stomach can dissolve razorblades.
37. Is this really true? All babies are born with blue eyes. The melanin needs time after birth to be darkened by exposure to UV light and turn into its real color.
38. Steve Buscemi was an FDNY firefighter.
39. James Earl Jones had a severe stutter as a child.
40. Eating too much temporarily lessens your hearing.
41. Michael Jordan makes more from Nike than all the Nike Factory workers in Malaysia. Combined.
42. Nails and hair, contrary to popular belief, do not keep growing after we die.
43. It would take the average person 1-2 months to die of hunger, assuming there is plenty of water.
44. The Titanic cost 7 million dollars to build. The film, about $200 million.
45. The youngest parents ever were 8 and 9. They lived in China in 1910.
46. More babies are conceived in December than any other month.
47. The only food that doesn’t spoil is honey.
48. Elvis Presley was a natural blonde. He died his hair. Just like me.
49. Mel Blanc, the voice of Bugs Bunny, was ironically allergic to carrots.
50. Golf originated in Scotland, and the name is an acronym for “Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden.”
And now, we all know these random facts.
Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
PS. How many of these did you know? What are your favorite random facts or what have you recently learned that you didn’t know you didn’t know?