I’m off on a little vacay getaway to Hershey, Pennsylvania with my kiddo and my girlfriend, so today I thought I’d share another random list of facts that I’ve come across in the past little bit. You know, to keep your brains busy while we’re gone.
I keep a list of all the random facts I learn that I feel like I should have known or that would have been awesome to know, but that for some reason I am just learning. When it gets long enough, I share it with you.
50 More Random Facts I Didn’t Know That I Didn’t Know
1. They were building a fake rip-off Disneyland in China called Wonderland but ran into financial problems and now it sits abandoned and half-built.
2. The technical term for a cat’s hairball is “bezoar.”
3. A guy named Greg who worked for Wired magazine bought the domain mcdonalds.com and told McDonald’s they could have it if they would make a large donation to a school in need.
4. There are more than 34,000 Christian denominations in the world.
5. Speed dating was invented by a Jewish rabbi from Los Angeles.
6. Some park ranger named Roy Sullivan was struck by lightning seven times and survived. He died at 71 after he shot himself over unrequited love.
7. 92% of single parents prefer dating other single parents.
8. Gin & tonic drinks glow under blacklights.
9. 40% of workplace dating relationships lead to marriage.
10. Japanese currency is actually pronounced “en” in Japan, not “yen.”
11. Immediately after Tiger Wood’s affairs became public, men looking for discreet relationships on BeNaughty.com dropped by 47.5%. Whatever the heck that website is.
12. A 94 year old Indian man fathered a child in 2010.
13. From randomhistory.com: “Due to jobs, kids, TV, the Internet, hobbies, and home and family responsibilities, the average married couple spends just four minutes a day alone together.”
14. The average married couple has sex 58 times per year, or slightly more than once a week.
15. A blind girl wrote Mr. Rogers a letter and asked him to please say out loud when he was feeding his fish and that is why he did it in every episode.
16. Certain Asian countries have passed laws that cell phone cameras have to always make a noise because pervert and voyer photos were becoming such a problem.
17. Lake Karachay in Russia is so radioactive that you can die in less than an hour of being near it.
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE