Over on the SDL Facebook wall, I asked you what the creepiest thing was that you’ve ever heard a kid say.
I had no idea what to expect.
This is what I got. Plus a few future posts as well.
24 More of the Creepiest Things Ever Said by Kids
1. I was talking to a four year old about new food, saying certain food tasted similar to others. The boy says “I tasted blood once, you know what it tasted like?” *lowers voice* “people.”
2. When my oldest daughters (twins) were about five, we moved to where we now live. They used to tell me they saw a little girl in our house all the time. They could describe her perfectly. Eventually, they stopped talking about her, so we forgot about her. Fast forward about seven years – my youngest daughter was about three at the time. She used to talk about a little girl and a little boy she saw in her room when she was alone. She described the girl exactly as my older girls had only in more detail. My twins didn’t remember ever talking about her, but it definitely freaked me and my husband out. She continued talking to these two little kids she saw for almost three years. She even asked why they never got older and always stayed the same age.
3. When my son was three, I was making fresh corn tamales for the first time in his life. He asked me what I was doing and I told him. He then proceeded to tell me step by step how to make them. I asked him how he knew and he told me that when he had been a little girl, his grandma used to make them. His name had been Emma.
4. When my daughter was about eighteen months old, she had not quite yet put a full sentence together. We were sitting on my bed and she was laying in my arms, giggling while I tickled her. Suddenly she went completely straight faced as she looked at a spot on the ceiling right over my shoulder. I was never fully sure if she said “Hi! How are you?” Or “Hey! Who are you?” Either way I was completely creeped out, and of course there was nothing there (I looked!). I made myself laugh and told her to stop being a little creep! But it took me a while to fall asleep that night!
5. “People have meat in them. I like meat.” My son, at age five.
6. When my eldest was my only and about four, “Mommy when you die what happens to all your nice stuff?” I told her, “well, most of it will go to you but that’s not something you need to worry about for a long long time.” She turned and went back to playing and quietly said, “I wouldn’t be so sure about that.”
7. I was watching my friend’s five year old son. We were driving and he kept twisting to stare out the back window. He started talking about the people in the sky. I asked him what in the world was he talking about and he answered, “you’ll see soon enough…”
8. My son, at age five, whilst poking a stick in a campfire, out of the middle of nowhere and with a distinctly chilling voice, said, “I like to burn things”.CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
✄ Also… did you know? SDL Members never see multi-page posts! Click here.