24. He told me that he had an unusual hobby… photographing road kill.
25. When I was 16, I went on a blind date with a guy. It started thunder-storming. He told me that it was because his brother was upset. When I asked him what he meant by that, he told me this whole crazy story about how he and his brother were Norse gods in disguise (he was black, by the way, so it was a really good disguise, I suppose.) and when they got mad it thunder-stormed and he’d have to go home and break open a scroll and read from it. At the end of the night, he thanked me for a pleasant evening, but he’d have to not continue the relationship because he was engaged to another girl.
26. This one guy on our first date mentioned his first time was with a relative by choice. A FIRST cousin. So gross. Looked normal but definitely not. Said he still thought about her breasts.
27. I was in line to go into a theater with a date to see a play, and while we were waiting, she asked someone else out on a date.
28. That we couldn’t go to a certain movie theatre because he was banned for masturbating in the back of the theatre.
29. Turned out we were blood relatives.
30. He was kicked out of the army so he went overseas as a contractor/bounty hunter and killed people anyway.
31. While at a bluesy music bar on a first (AND ONLY) date… Me: I love this music, reminds me of being in Nashville. Him: Oh really? I’m actually going to Nashville next week… Me: Oh my God, I’m so jealous! Him: yeah….don’t be, it’s not for anything fun… Me: what are you going for? Him: Jail… But it’s only for like 2 days, which I can do standing on my head…. Me: ok… Him: cuz I did 4 years in prison… Me: check please!
32. Blind date. He told me he couldn’t stay out late because he had to get his 20 year old out of the state because he killed his step-dad and the police were looking for him…
33. After a dinner filled with discussion about his cats, the 44 year old bachelor I was out with told me he should really get going because his cats would be worried about him and wondering where he was. He was usually home and in bed with his cats by 10pm.
34. I asked him if he’s done anything illegal and he replied “I stole a cow once, in fact I just got out of jail a few weeks ago.”
Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
PS. Which was your favorite “experience?” And, knowing that I might use it in a blog post, what is the most odd, funny, horrifying, or weird thing you’ve discovered about someone you were on a date with?