Over on the SDL Facebook wall, I asked you what the creepiest thing was that you’ve ever heard a kid say.
I had no idea what to expect.
This is what I got.
26 More of the Creepiest Things Ever Said by Kids
1. ”I like the color yellow because it’s cheery. And I like the color blue because it’s the color of drowning.”
2. One dark night when my daughter was four , I heard her crying in her sleep. I stumbled out of bed to sit on the edge of her bed to comfort her….at which point she notices my un-mommy like nightie, abruptly stops crying and deadpans, “ooh la la!”
3. My four year old daughter said in distress while shaking her new stuffed animal… “talk to me, why won’t you talk to me…all of the others do?”
4. My nine year old daughter was playing a video game, when she did an attack, she yelled. “I keep FISTING them, and they won’t die!” I told her never to say that again, while trying not to laugh.
5. My four year old son, my husband, and a male friend of ours were all outside late at night grilling out on the deck. My son kept going near the edge of the woods and then coming back. Finally he took our friend by the hand and said “we should go back inside. He’s watching us”. As he pointed to the woods. All three of them hightailed it back inside.
6. My three year old has never met his great grandfather (he died three years before he was born). He tells me all the time that his Papa comes to see him while he sleeps. He has described exactly what he looks like, smells like (old beer and cigarettes) and wears. His great grandma died this winter and I brought her a macaroni necklace made by him in the hospital and she was buried in it. The next night he told me that Papa came while he was sleeping and brought his Grandma and she was wearing his macaroni necklace. He didn’t know I brought it to her.
7. Growing up I was taught that my grandmother’s name was Loretta. It was not until her funeral that I learned from her tombstone that her actual name was Ono. She passed away in the back room in my parents house. My son, who was three at the time used to play in the empty room. One day out of nowhere he told my mother and I, “Ono is in her room, she wants to talk to you!” He had no way of knowing that her name was Ono, he called her Memaw!
8. My kid used to talk about voodoo in her sleep when she was six, it only stopped a few months ago she is now fourteen. But creepiest was finding her sleep walking complaining about not finding a knife sharp enough to stab her twin sister with.
9. My sister was putting her three year old daughter to bed. As she was leaving the room she said “I will see you in the morning!” Her daughter replied, “Maybe, Mommy. You never know.”
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE