Knowledge is power. Or it’s useless. But it’s almost always fun, right? Haha.
I keep a list of all the random facts I learn that I feel like I should have known or that would have been awesome to know, but that for some reason I am just learning. When it gets long enough, I share it with you.
50 More Random Facts I Didn’t Know That I Didn’t Know
1. 78% of NFL players are bankrupt two years after finishing their careers.
2. 60% of NBA players are bankrupt within five years of leaving the league.
3. Male koalas have two penises. Female koalas have two vaginas.
4. In Utah, it is against the law to fish from the back of a horse.
5. If you put a can of Diet Coke in water, it floats. Regular Coca-Cola sinks.
6. Also, according to Utah law (where I live) a husband is responsible for any criminal act that his wife commits while in his presence.
7. Apparently, if you eat a Polar Bear’s liver, you will die of a vitamin A overdose.
8. The number one tire manufacturer in the world? LEGO.
9. If you combine all the ants in the world, they’ll weigh about the same as if you combine all the people.
10. The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
11. Because news traveled so slow back then, slaves in Texas didn’t know they were free for more than two months after Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation.
12. Talk about pressure. Female ferrets die if they can’t find a mate after going into heat.
13. There are 18.6 million vacant homes in America. There are 3.1 million homeless people.
14. Humans have had dogs as companions and workers for more than 14,000 years.
15. A snail can sleep for more than three years at a time.
16. The air quality of Mumbai is so bad, it’s equivalent to smoking 2½ packs of cigarettes a day.
17. Everyone on earth is born with the ability to wiggle their ears, but if you don’t learn how early on, the muscle atrophies and you can’t learn any longer.
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE