35. Smallpox does not exist anywhere on Earth except in a laboratory.
36. The brain can’t create a new face. It only remembers faces you’ve seen somewhere before. This includes in your dreams.
37. Nachos were invented by a guy named Nacho.
38. If you love ice cream and eat a lot of it, chances are you’ve had plenty of beaver anal gland extract.
39. Speaking of dreams, did you know that 12% of people dream in black and white?
40. There is a significant population of people in Argentina who speak Welsh.
41. Ulysses S. Grant tried to have the Dominican Republic annexed so that a special safe-haven could be setup for blacks to get away from the Klu Klux Klan.
42. The American Sports industry is worth $422 billion a year, and more than 1% of all Americans are employed by it.
43. Wikipedia banned the Church of Scientology from editing any articles.
44. Farts measure more potently in the shower than they do outside it.
45. Never heard this one. Apparently there is a conspiracy theory that remnants of an Egyptian Civilization was discovered in the Grand Canyon and covered up by the Smithsonian Institute.
46. Two days after they die, ants give off an odor which other ants pick up on. They come pick up the ant and carry it to an ant graveyard.
47. Birds cannot live in space because they can’t swallow without gravity.
48. Freddie Mercury refused to have his teeth worked on because he was afraid it would change his voice.
49. ‘Rubber Duckie’ by Ernie on Sesame Street won a Grammy nomination in 1970. And reached #16 on the charts.
50. In 1995, the winner of the $1 million Monopoly game piece at McDonald’s sent it to St. Jude’s in an anonymous letter.
And now, we all know these random facts.
Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
PS. How many of these did you know? What are your favorite random facts or what have you recently learned that you didn’t know you didn’t know?