Knowledge is power. Or it’s useless. But it’s almost always fun, right? Haha.
I keep a list of all the random facts I learn that I feel like I should have known or that would have been awesome to know, but that for some reason I am just learning. When it gets long enough, I share it with you.
50 More Random Facts I Didn’t Know That I Didn’t Know
1. In Latin, the walrus’s scientific name means “tooth-walking sea-horse.” It got its name because when it pulls itself onto the ice, it looks like it’s walking on its tusks.
2. Experts at Intel say that micro processor speeds will double every year and a half for at least the next decade.
3. There is only one muscle in your entire body attached at only one end. Your tongue.
4. No one knows why, but a duck’s quack does not echo.
5. Americans only make up about 5% of the world’s population, but they are responsible for 15% of the world’s garbage.
6. Dr. Seuss pronounced his name in such a way that it rhymed with “rejoice.”
7. If a bird eats Alka-Seltzer, its stomach will explode.
8. Camels have three eyelids on each eye to keep the sand out.
9. On every continent, you will find a city called Rome.
10. More people are killed by donkeys each year than by plane crashes.
11. More than half of all the world’s cheeses originated in France.
12. Switzerland has a square flag. It’s the only country on earth that does.
13. More people in Illinois have vanity plates than in any other state.
14. There are roughly 1 million ants for every person on the planet.
15. But… the chicken to human ration is 1:1.
16. Giraffes can go longer without water than camels can.
17. To calculate the temperature outside (fahrenheit), count the number of cricket chirps in 15 seconds. Add 37 to the total. It’ll be pretty dang close.